Whether you’re approaching someone at a bar or messaging them on a dating app, having the perfect flirty pick up lines at your disposal can lay the groundwork for every future conversation.
You want to make sure to catch their attention but in a subtle way. You don’t want to be too over the top or too timid. Offering a good level of funny, flattery, and even cheesiness is key when it comes to starting a flirty conversation with just about anyone.
Of course, romantic pick up lines also need to have a certain amount of sincerity to them for the other person to take them seriously. [Read: How to talk to your crush and get them to like you]
Sure, some people can start a conversation with “Do you have the time?” and five years later they end up married with three kids. But, that is the exception, not the rule.
The way you open a conversation sets the tone for the rest of the night, day, or whenever, and, potentially, the rest of your relationship. We aren’t saying you must have the perfect flirty conversation starter to have a chance, but it certainly won’t hurt.
After all, saying the wrong thing right off the bat can really damage your chances.
Picking the right flirty pick up line that shows your personality, style, or even your interests is the best way to introduce yourself to someone because it is unique and shows intrigue. [Read: How to flirt with your crush and make them fall hard]
Have flirty pick up lines failed you in the past? Or are you perhaps new to the whole introducing-yourself-to-a-complete-stranger thing?
Have no fear. Although rejection is always possible, without taking a little risk, you’ll never be able to get the reward, be that a nice conversation, a night on the town, or a full-on relationship.
It’s important to choose a flirty pick-up line that feels right to you. If it makes you cringe, it’s not the one! You need to be able to deliver it with confidence and a cheeky wink, after all.
Also, read the room a little; are they deep in conversation with someone or does it seem like a bad time? Pick your time wisely to be in with the best chance. [Read: The scientific secrets to getting someone to fall for you]
Flirty, romantic pick up lines have the best outcome when you use them in the appropriate place. That means not at work, not at a funeral, and not to someone in a relationship.
Instead, focus your flirty lines at places like a bar, a mixer, and even dating apps. Romantic pick-up lines are good at breaking the ice, making someone laugh, and showing your interest in a laid-back way.
Keep things light and go in with confidence. If your nerves are really getting the better of you, just remember that this is just one person talking to another person, nothing more. [Read: Flirting – What it is, 5 different types, and how to pick a style that works for you]
You now know why having a solid flirty pick-up line is beneficial when it comes to meeting people, but knowing isn’t all it takes. Nerves can prevent you from coming up with something creative on the spot.
Something else to keep in mind is that a pick-up line that gets one person’s attention may not work on someone else. So it is always good to have a selection of flirty pick-up lines on standby. This will give you options depending on the situation, and make you feel much more confident when going in for the kill.
The following list is full of flirty pick-up lines or even romantic pick-up lines that will help you to have the best outcome possible:
1. I was having a bad day, but when I saw your smile it perked me up. [Read: How to be charming and liked by everyone]
2. I was trying to think of the perfect word to describe your beauty, but I don’t think one has been invented yet.
3. I’m supposed to be working right now, but I can’t stop thinking about you. [Read: How to flirt with your crush and make them fall hard for you]
4. You look so familiar. I think I’ve seen you in my dreams.
5. I’m making the first move now so next time it’s your turn.
6. Hey, do you like it when someone makes the first move?
7. I was going to play it cool and wait to message you, but something wouldn’t let me. [Read: Texting your crush – a step-by-step guide to doing it right]
8. Hi, I wanted to ask you out, so I thought I would start by introducing myself.
9. I need some advice. There’s someone I want to ask out, but I’m not sure how.
10. I just realized I don’t know you. We should change that. [Read: 30 foolproof pickup lines you should use and 10 to avoid]
11. My dog/cat is looking for a new mom/dad, and I think you’d make a great candidate.
12. I don’t know how you’re smiling like that when we haven’t even met yet?
13. Seeing as it’s wedding season, do you happen to require a family-friendly wedding date? [Read: Signs you’re high on wedding fever]
14. There’s a Harry Potter marathon this weekend. Any interest in binging the whole lot with me?
15. I told myself I’d swipe one more time and delete this app if I wasn’t interested, but you popped up. So now I’m sticking around as long as it takes to go out with you. [Read: What every online dater should avoid doing]
16. I know there is no way you’re single, but my friends wouldn’t let me leave without introducing myself.
17. I just want to let you know right now that I sleep with socks on. I know it’s a deal breaker for a lot of people. [Read: 25 most common dealbreakers to avoid]
18. I may not be a scientist, but I think we’re going to have pretty good chemistry.
19. It has been a long day, but I have a feeling that talking to you will make it better.
20. There’s a spider in my room. Any chance you could come over and kill it for me?
21. What’s your current favorite meme? [Read: Modern dating terms to help you master the dating game]
22. What’s the best or worst pick-up line you’ve ever heard?
23. Is Netflix and chill still a thing? If so, want to? [Read: How to Netflix and chill the right way]
24. Tell me about the worst date you’ve ever been on and I promise I’ll be better than that.
25. This will never work if our TV show opinions don’t line up. Top three favorites… Go!
26. Do you ever wish you were back in high school? Because I don’t. Because then I wouldn’t be talking to you right now. [Read: Why you probably won’t stay with your first love]
27. Who is the best actor/actress of all time? The pressure is on.
28. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done? Let’s top it. [Read: 18 ways to be more spontaneous]
29. I’m having trouble coming up with a flirty conversation starter. Any advice?
30. Red is your color. [Read: 15 easy conversation starters you can use on a guy you like]
31. You’re rooting for New York? How has that worked out for you so far?
32. Are you a makeup artist? Your makeup is flawless.
33. Your dog/cat is adorable, but I think mine just might be cuter. [Read: How to make your crush fall hard for you]
34. Your hand looks a little heavy there. Would you like me to hold it for you? [Read: You’d be crazy to use these bad pickup lines in real life]
35. The only thing your eyes haven’t told me is your name.
36. Excuse me, do you have a Band-Aid? I hurt my leg falling for you.
37. I can die happy now knowing that heaven exists.
38. If you were a vegetable, I’d call you a cute-cumber.
39. Wow, you’re so gorgeous, I forgot my pickup line.
40. You better know CPR because you take my breath away.
41. Aside from being sexy, what do you do for a living? [Read: How to get a girl to notice you even before you talk to her]
42. Do you believe in love at first sight or should I walk by again?
43. Excuse me, if I go this way will I be able to reach your heart?
44. There may be plenty of fish in the sea, but you’re the only one who caught my eye.
45. Do you come with coffee and cream? Because you are sugar. [Read: The art of complimenting a girl and leaving her blushing]
46. May I get you something? Water? Coffee? My heart?
47. I’m falling in love with you already.
48. If I told you that you’re beautiful, would you hold it against me?
49. You’re the reason why people fall in love.
50. Forget Spiderman, Batman, and Superman. I’ll be your superhero [Read: 30 foolproof pick-up lines and 10 you should never ever use]
51. Can I borrow a kiss? I promise I’ll give it back.
52. I think I just found the person of my dreams.
53. What’s your sign?
54. You’re my compass. Without you, I’m lost. [Read: 15 secrets to flirt with girls and make them fall for you]
55. My heart stopped beating when I looked at you.
56. Do you have a map? Because I’m getting lost in your eyes.
57. You have the prettiest smile I’ve ever seen. [Read: Flirty lines to spark her interest in one sentence]
58. I’m going to spend tonight dreaming of you.
59. If I were a cat, I’d spend all nine of my lives with you.
60. I thought this was a *restaurant/bar/etc.* but it must actually be a museum because you’re a work of art.
61. What is it like to be the most gorgeous person in this room?
62. I don’t know your name, but I’m sure it’s just as beautiful as you are.
63. I’m not a photographer, but I can definitely picture us together. [Read: How to make a girl smile, laugh, and like you instantly]
64. Did you do something to my eyes? I can’t seem to take them off you.
65. Are you an electrician? Because you’re lighting up my day.
66. I’m not drunk, I’m just intoxicated by you.
67. Do you have a sunburn, or are you just always this hot?
68. I’m not an organ donor, but I’m ready to give you my heart. [Read: Friendly vs flirty – 34 subtle flirting signs to tell if someone is flirting with you]
69. Anyone who says Disneyland is the happiest place on earth has clearly never stood next to you.
70. I’d say God bless you, but it looks like he already has.
71. Are you a charger? Because I’m dying without you.
72. You’re so sweet, you’re giving me a toothache
73. I’m sorry, were you talking to me? *No.* Well, would you like to? [Read: How to get over dating anxiety – face your fear and get back out there]
There are some lines that move away from flirting and head toward creepy or just unoriginal and cheesy. So although we’ve offered you plenty of good ones, here are some to steer clear of just to be safe. Kick these flirty pick-up lines out of your mind!
This is a pickup line everyone and their mother and aunt and grandma have heard. This is boring, unoriginal, and just overused.
There are much better options when it comes to romantic pick-up lines so you don’t have to rely on the default ones. [Read: You’d be crazy to use these bad pickup lines in real life]
Another one that is just so blah. Flirting does not mean using a classic yet dull line and hoping it works out. You actually have to interact with the person you’re making the moves on and say something relating to them.
All this line will do is make them roll their eyes like when we wrote it. [Read: 30 foolproof pick-up lines and 10 you should never ever use]
Do we really have to explain why this is a no-no? Even if you are into self-deprecating humor, this is not the way to go about it. It’s definitely not a good romantic pick-up line, or a good line at all.
Telling someone you love them, asking if they believe in love at first sight, or anything along those lines is just too much during the flirting stage.
Keep it light and fun and try to avoid scaring off your crush. These aren’t the right type of flirty pick-up lines to use! [Read: Whoa-there! Signs you’re coming on way too strong]
Steer clear of the purely sexual lines. This not only can make someone feel violated and uncomfortable, but it just isn’t the best way to start things out. Instead, choose romantic pick-up lines that aren’t at all sexual.
We’ve been through some romantic pick-up lines that are both flirty and friendly at the same time. Now it’s time to use them and look toward a great day/evening with the person you have your eye on!
Remember to read the room and choose the right time before diving right in there, but when you approach them with a confident stance and a twinkle in your eye, you’ll surely have a full-on date to look forward to.
[Read: 40 unbelievably cute things you can say to your crush]
Flirty pick-up lines are the best way to ensure your conversation doesn’t end anytime soon. These are some of the best. Now, take them out into the real world and give these romantic pick-up lines a go.
Liked what you just read? Follow us on Instagram Facebook Twitter Pinterest and we promise, we’ll be your lucky charm to a beautiful love life.
LOVEPANKY IN YOUR INBOX
Get the very best of LovePanky straight to your inbox!