When you don’t know what to say to your crush, it can become nerve-racking. You don’t want to stutter or word vomit all over them. The best way to impress them is by being vocal about your feelings in a very sweet and memorable way. What you need are some cute things to say to your crush. That does come with good timing and delivery as well, but being honest and vulnerable will take you the furthest. Easier said than done, right? [Read: Learn how to stop being shy around your crush]
Of course, expressing yourself can be difficult. Considering how nervous you feel when you’re about to tell your crush that you like them, there is also the risk of rejection.
Everyone who has a crush worries about that, but you won’t get anywhere if you don’t put yourself out there. Why not take the risk and find out if they feel the same way? You have nothing to lose. A bit of a bruised ego is worth the risk. [Read: How to deal with your fear of rejection]
Once you find the perfect cute thing to say to your crush, your confidence will take you the rest of the way.
Knowing what to say to your crush can be difficult. You want to flatter them and express yourself. There are a bunch of ways to do that. You can give them a hand-crafted gift, write them a poem, or sing them a song.
But, seeing as hardly anyone has the guts to do that these days, finding a cute thing to say to your crush is the perfect first step. [Read: The secrets to getting your crush to notice you]
Once you get them to smile, you’re one step closer to the possibility of more than flirting.
Do remember though, this is a crush. You are not professing your love. Saying something cute to your crush should be light-hearted. You don’t want to scare your crush away by intensely voicing out your feelings. That is a conversation for another place and time.
Before we get into the list, you may want some tips on how to go about saying cute things to your crush.
You don’t just want to walk up to them, tap them on the shoulder, and blurt out a random line. There should be some level of comfort going into it. It doesn’t need to be planned out. You don’t need to come up with a script in your head just to say something cute to your crush. Try to let things happen naturally. [Read: How to start a conversation with your crush]Go with what you’re feeling when you’re with them. If you’re chatting about weekend plans, let them know how impressed you are by their adventurous spirit.
Just walking up to your crush and saying, “I love how spontaneous you are,” would be random and weird. Add these cute things into a casual conversation to help ease any tension or nerves. This way you won’t feel like you’re taking a huge risk or offering a pickup line. Instead, you are complimenting your crush in a confident and smooth way. [Read: How to seem confident and cool around your crush]
Every crush is at a different stage. You may simply be attracted to someone, but you could also have real feelings for them.
If you are at the point where you want your crush to know you like them, take a deep breath, start with a little small talk, and wait until you feel comfortable enough to say at least one of these lines.
1. Why do you look so amazing every day?
A simple compliment of their looks isn’t super original, but it does get the job done. It is sure to make them blush and get a sense of your interest in them.
2. How’d you get so good at making me like you?
3. Do you have any idea how adorable you are?
The perfect opportunity for this one is if they are messing with their hair, looking in the mirror, or even asking you have their outfit looks.
4. I can’t help but notice you
5. I keep finding myself drawn to you
This isn’t specific to them, but it does let them know that you have some sort of connection with them. The fact that you’re sharing that with your crush, means you want to do something about it.
[Read: 40 subtly flirty questions to ask your crush and get them to flirt with you]
6. You do you realize that I like you, right? I mean, why wouldn’t I?
7. How did you get to be so amazing? This doesn’t just let them know you have a crush on them, but it also shows your interest in getting to know them better.
8. You’re pretty/cute/hot. But I like you for more than that.
9. You’re very attractive
Sometimes keeping it classic works just as well as something more unique.
10. Can you tell that I like you? Should I make it more obvious?
[Read: How to flirt without flirting and still catch his attention]
There’s no better way to make your crush feel appreciated than to actually say it to them point-blank.
If you are looking for cute things to say to your crush, you can’t go wrong with flattery. You like this person for a reason so go off of that.
The key here is to let them know that you noticed something about them that isn’t super obvious. This lets them know that you see more to them than the surface.
11. That was pretty cool – what you did back there
Let them know you were paying attention to what they did and think it was cool. It could be that they stood up for themselves with the boss, helped a stranger, or even had a great idea.
12. Stop that. No, wait. Keep smiling.
13. Wow. You’re just so… Wow
You can’t go wrong with being speechless. If they do something that really awes you and you can’t even describe it, they will see that in your reaction.
14. We’re all special, you know? But I think you raised the bar on that
15. Keep talking. You always have the most interesting things to say.
This is a great way to let your crush know that you really appreciate your time with them. This is a compliment that goes deeper.[Read: Learn how to show your appreciation for someone you like]
16. Can we stop and appreciate how much you care about the people around you?
17. I think more people should agree that you are awesome at what you do
Odds are that your crush is undervalued at work or in another way. Letting them know that you see them for all they’re worth and think others should do is a great way to make them smile.
18. You made my day. Seriously.
19. Thank you for being… you.
This is a great way to show appreciation for your crush being themselves. You see that they are honest and genuine and admire that.
20. How did I get so lucky to be this close to you?
[Read: How to talk to your crush and make them fall for you]
If your crush knows t how you feel about them, it’s time to actually do something about it. You don’t just want to be a limbo of will-we-won’t-we forever. The next logical step is to ask them out. Scary, I know. But here are some cute things to say to your crush to make them feel comfortable abotu going out with you.
[Read: How to look cool in front of your crush and grab their attention]
21. Dating. I think that’s something we should try with each other.
This is straight-forward and to the point. It’s hard to mess this up.
22. We should do this more often. Like every day.
23. This thing that we have – Are we a thing?
This is a little juvenile, but adorable. The word thing is pretty general, but saying it like this insinuates a connection.
24. I can’t stop thinking about someone. And that someone is you.
25. What is it about you that makes it so hard to leave your side? Let them know you don’t like saying goodbye to them. Making it clear you want to spend more time together, alone, is sort of an invitation for them to ask you out.
[Read: Cute and creative ways to ask someone out]
26. Can I ask you for a favor? Can you help me take you out on a date?
27. I think it would be nice to go out with someone as cool as you. This is a clever way of asking your crush out. You aren’t being super obvious, but if they can read between the lines, the question is there.
28. So, what kind of food do you feel like eating on our first date?
29. Can you help me think of some place special to take you on the date you’re going to say yes to?
This can seem a little bit cocky, but if you feel confident that they are interested in you, it could work to your advantage.
30. Will you go out with me? Wait, can you repeat what I just said? Sure, I’d love to.
[Read: 30 signs he wants you to ask her out]
So you’ve offered up all the cute things to say to your crush. Awesome! But, now you need to know what to say to your crush to take it up a notch.
You and your crush know each other better and want to move things further, you can start by broaching the subject using one of these sweet and heart-warming lines.
31. I’m not sure if I can take not being with you anymore.
32. I like where this is going. Do you think we should keep going?
This is simple, but focused. It lets your crush know how you feel and asks for their take on it.
33. Stay here. I like that you’re here.
34. Sometimes, the person that you’re looking for is standing right in front of you.
This does sound a little bit like a line, but it is cute. Let them know you aren’t just interest in casual dating, but thy could be your person.
35. I woke up today and realized that thinking about you first thing in the morning isn’t the same as actually seeing your face and hearing your voice.
[Read: Signs it is time to take the next step]
36. I’m having a hard time understanding why we aren’t together.
This opens the door to a bigger conversation about if you’re both ready for a committed relationship.
37. So much can happen in a minute. Let’s make you and I happen right this instant.
38. I want to be in a relationship with someone who really gets me. You get me, right?
This is a great entry into the conversation, but be sure they also feel that you get them.
39. I waited for the right person to come along and it was worth the wait.
40. I need to ask you something important. Will you be my boyfriend/girlfriend? Just come right out with it. This is how my boyfriend did it and it was shocking but flattering.
[Read: 10 steps to ask a girl to be your girlfriend]
Just because you landed your crush doesn’t mean you should stop saying cute things to them. Being in a relationship doesn’t mean you stop making them smile. It means you should be making them smile every day.
41. I feel so safe with you.
This is a classic, but it says a lot. Telling someone that you feel safe with them is a vulnerable thing to do, but being able to trust them and admit that means a lot.
42. You are more than my boyfriend/girlfriend. You’re my best friend too.
43. I never get bored with you.
Letting them know you always enjoy your time together no matter what you’re doing helps them feel more secure with you as well.
44. Thank you for treating me so well.
45. You make me feel so lucky.
Be sure to continue to compliment them. Yes, you’re in a relationship, but it is always nice to keep saying cute things that make your crush smile, even though you may think it is assumed.
[Read: 20 ways to keep your relationship exciting]
46. I hope I can keep making you happy for years to come.
47. I can’t wait to cuddle you.
Something as simple as letting them know that you can’t wait to cuddle them later means a lot. You miss them when they aren’t around and you don’t take your time together for granted.
48. I’ve never felt so secure in a relationship.
49. I admire so much about you.
This works even better if you offer specifics. Let them know how much you admire their loyalty or work ethic or what a good friend they are.
50. Everything I see for my future includes you.
[Read: 36 cute things to say to your boyfriend]
It might seem difficult to actually go through with saying these things because of the nerves. But, you’re better off with direct and playful lines like these, as opposed to overused pick-up lines everyone has heard before.
Saying these things and putting your own spin on them is more genuine and authentic. That is how you get your crush to smile. It isn’t just about saying cute things to your crush or knowing what to say to them, but really being true to how you feel.
[Read: 15 best ways to get your crush to like you]
No matter what words you use to express your feelings, it’s the thought and the actions that come with it that really count. Use these cute things to say to your crush as a guideline and after that, everything will simply fall into place.
Liked what you just read? Follow us on Instagram Facebook Twitter Pinterest and we promise, we’ll be your lucky charm to a beautiful love life.
LOVEPANKY IN YOUR INBOX
Get the very best of LovePanky straight to your inbox!