Whether you’re in a room with people you don’t know or you’re with friends, sometimes the conversation can stall. Now, silences don’t necessarily have to be awkward, but nobody wants to be staring at the wall either. That’s where you come in! You can learn how to be the life and soul of the party by memorizing some what if questions. Even better if they’re funny and serious what if questions!
By throwing a few of these questions into a conversation that’s starting to become dull, you can liven things up and probably get to know those in the room a lot better as a result.
These funny what if questions can be asked around a bonfire or at any social gathering. Or perhaps just one-on-one when you and your friend wait for a bus to arrive. These questions lighten the mood and make time go by a little bit faster. [Read: How to charm and get anyone to like you]
These questions are literally just fun – regardless of whether they are funny or more serious. They can be used to get to know another person, but honestly, these aren’t really those types of questions. These are the type of questions that will spark some creativity in you and your peers, and they will force you to think outside of the box. What could be more fun?
Some might seem weird, some might not go down as well as you’d hoped. But, by having a few in your mind, you’ll be able to surprise everyone with your wit and humor, creating a fun environment for all involved. In honesty, we could all do with a laugh occasionally, right? [Read: How to make someone laugh when they’re down & lighten their burden]
Are you ready to rock? Let’s go.
1. What if everything in the world was made up of types of cheese? [Read: These icebreaker questions will spark a conversation with anyone]
2. What if we all had a talking donkey companion like in Shrek?
3. What if every time we took a step, the ground would “squeak” beneath our feet? [Read: Weird questions to show off your goofy side]
4. What if you were given 10 gallons of Coca-Cola, and it was the only thing you could use as currency for the rest of your life?
5. What if we lived in helium balloon houses that floated just below the clouds and to get around, we used other helium balloons attached to a track?
6. What if dogs walked us?
7. What if you could only wear the same outfit you wore on your sixth birthday to your wedding?
8. What if we lived in gardens, and sunflowers were our walls and vines covered our heads like the roof?
9. What if your first kiss was the only kiss you could ever experience for the rest of your life? Even if it was with different people, the kiss played out the same as the first one—forever.
10. What if our bathing suits were our formal wear, and our formal wear was our bathing suits?
11. What if dragons existed and we lived among them—like we had coworkers who were dragons, and boyfriends/girlfriends who were dragons?
12. What if we could look exactly how we wanted just by envisioning it? Want blue hair? Think about it. Want a giant butt? Think about it.
13. What if instead of fur, animals were covered in fake eyelashes—all over their bodies? [Read: 40 really gross would you rather questions that’ll make anyone squirm]
14. What if aliens were our landlords and if we didn’t pay rent on time they would abduct us to their home planets where we lived with other people who didn’t pay their rent on time?
15. What if skateboards were actually alive and instead of pushing off against the ground, the creature just ran until you told it to stop at your destination?
16. What if stars were really lights on cameras that were watching your every move? Someone up in the sky is watching the videos and laughing at everything we do.
17. What if humans were like horses and donkeys, and instead of wearing shoes we had hooves/horseshoes, and instead of getting pedicures, we got hoove-icures. [Read: How to make someone laugh over text – Learn to be funny by being you]
18. What if tattoos were actually just dry erase style and whenever we wanted them to be hidden we could just “erase” them, and to make them come back we would rub the opposite direction?
19. What if trees and plants really talked to each other and talked smack about the outfits we wear when we walk through the forest and take photos for Instagram? Like they mock our poses and stuff? Can you imagine a tree posing like a girl on Instagram? [Read: 20 revealing questions to get to know someone better]
20. What if we had personal musicians who followed us around everywhere we went, and they played music according to what was happening at that given moment? Oh, and they wore matching outfits.
21. What if lakes were full of mermaids and crazy creatures, and they protected us every time we went swimming from the big angry sea creatures that want to eat us? Like a war was happening under us in the water and we have no idea.
22. What if when songs were stuck in our heads, they actually played out loud for everybody to hear? Imagine. How insane that would sound in a group of people? Absolute chaos, honestly. [Read: Do you think alike? 20 questions to ask your best friend]
23. What if instead of doing laundry, we just turned to a computer screen every time we wanted to change clothing, and it would immediately change on our bodies, like a computer game?
24. What if every time we took a photo, instead of hearing the “shutter” sound, we heard a woman’s scream. I think we would take a lot fewer photos, that’s for sure. [Read: These would you rather question will make you think]
25. What if instead of hair, we grew vines with flowers right out of our heads? Oh, and facial hair and body hair was the same. We would be beautiful gods and goddesses!
26. What if you could travel back in time?
27. What if you had to choose between fame and fortune?
28. What if you were alone at home and you heard footsteps coming up your stairs?
29. What if you could change one thing about yourself? What would you change?
30. What if you could change your partner or spouse in any way you wanted?
[Read: 71 friendly , funny questions to get to know someone in a happy way]
31. What if you had three wishes from a genie? What would you wish for?
32. What if you were required to lose one body part. What would you give up and why?
33. What if you woke up with a dead stranger next to you? What would you do?
34. What if you woke up and were 10 years younger? Or older?
35. What if your house was haunted?
36. What if you saw someone steal from your workplace?
37. What if you could do one thing so well that it would make you famous? What would you choose?
38. What if you could have any job you wanted?
[Read: How to get to know someone over text and build a real connection]
39. What if you invented a new recipe? What would it be?
40. What if you could marry someone famous, either living or dead. Who would it be?
41. What if you gave up everything to pursue your dream?
42. What if your spouse was completely unromantic? Would you stay?
43. What if you could live for 300 years?
44. What if you could stop time whenever you wanted? Would you?
45. What if you could be any animal? Which one would you choose?
46. What if you saw someone come out of a public restroom with toilet paper hanging out of their pants? What would you do?
47. What if you could change your appearance? Would you?
[Read: 87 best dirty truth or dare questions for a wild and sexy night]
48. What if you could change something about your past? Would you?
49. What if you could make a video that would go viral and make you famous? What would it be?
50. What if you found a way to get really wealthy incredibly fast – but it was illegal?
51. What if you had to choose between being really rich and really good-looking?
52. What if you had to choose to have love in your life or a lot of money? What would you choose?
53. What if you wrote a novel? What would it be about?
54. What if you could be a professional athlete? Which sport would you choose?
55. What if you could only eat one food for the rest of your life?
[Read: 196 fun and deep relationship questions to test how like-minded you are]
56. What if you lost everything tomorrow? What would you do?
57. What if you never had to work again? What would you do?
58. What if you could create world peace? How would you do it?
59. What if you could read minds?
60. What if you hit a car in a parking lot, but no one saw it happen?
61. What if you knew you only had a week to live?
62. What if you could choose the manner of your death? What would you choose?
63. What if you could start your career over? What would you do differently?
64. What if aliens abducted you?
[Read: 50 questions for a new relationship to predict your romantic future]
65. What if you could never eat your favorite food again for the rest of your life?
66. What if you could choose to live in an incredibly hot climate or incredibly cold?
67. What if you discovered that you could cure a disease? Which one would you choose?
68. What if you found $25,000 in a wallet?
69. What if you found out your partner had been married four times before you met them?
70. What if you gave advice to yourself the way you give it to other people? Would it be better or worse?
71. What if you could teach a class? What would you teach?
72. What if you had to give up your hearing, sight, or mobility? Which would you choose and why?
[Read: 60 deep and fun get to know you questions to peek into their soul]
73. What if you could choose to live one day of your life over and over again? Which one would you choose?
74. What if you woke up and found out that you had changed into the opposite sex overnight?
75. What if you could live anywhere in the world regardless of money? Where would you choose?
76. What if you found out that your house was infested with cockroaches?
77. What if you could watch a movie about your life up until this point? Would you enjoy it?
78. What if you found out that reality was really a simulation like a video game?
79. What if you could have a robot as your servant?
80. What if you woke up with one superpower? What would it be?
81. What if you were offered $100,000 to walk around naked for 5 blocks in a major city during the day?
[Read: 50 hardest would you rather questions that have no right answers]
Now that you have a whole range of what if questions to use whenever you choose, make sure that you know how to use them correctly. For instance, don’t fire them one after the other at your audience. If you do that, they might start to wonder about your sanity – do you spend all your time dreaming up such questions?
Also, tailor them to the people you’re speaking to. If you don’t know these people that well, steer clear of any that are ‘out there’ or confusing. Stick to mainstream options. But if you’re with your friends and you know them well, fire away!
[Read: 15 easy ways to be nice and loved by all instantly!]
These funny what if questions are sure to get you thinking about the infinite possibilities in the world. Share your funny and serious what if questions with your friends or come up with more random questions.
Liked what you just read? Follow us on Instagram Facebook Twitter Pinterest and we promise, we’ll be your lucky charm to a beautiful love life.
LOVEPANKY IN YOUR INBOX
Get the very best of LovePanky straight to your inbox!