We can all make use of funny icebreaker questions for dating or social gatherings. Because, let’s face it, meeting new people can be hard.
It’s scary when you’re in a room full of people you don’t know who you want to impress. And you only have one shot at making the first impression. You worry that you’ll say the wrong things and regret them for the rest of the night. Or you could be on a date with someone you really like, so you don’t want to mess it up.
Not everyone is a natural conversationalist, but it’s not hard to become one. All you need to do is one good icebreaker question to set it off, and you’ll win everyone over. [Read: Are you a shy extrovert? All the signs pointing to your dichotomy]
An icebreaker is an activity or game designed to warm up among participants and get them familiar with each other. Icebreaker questions are questions people use to ask each other and initiate a conversation.
These questions are helpful especially when the participants don’t know each other. But they can also enable better bonding for those who are already familiar with each other. A funny icebreaker question can make people laugh and talk and help them start with an initial level of comfort.
[Read: 50 funny conversation starters to keep you laughing & talking for hours]
Now that you know what icebreaker questions are, here are 125 funny icebreaker questions for dating and meeting new people. Remember these the next time you socialize to spark a fun and interesting conversation.
[Read: Flirty conversation starters: the top 30 ways to get something going]
1. Would you rather trade lives with your cat or your dog for a day?
[Read: The 40 hardest would you rather questions you could ask]
2. If you could build a house made out of untraditional materials, what would you make it from *ie: cotton candy, pillows, computers, etc.*?
3. If you could sleep on a bed of anything, what would it be?
4. What is your favorite song from your high school days?
5. Do you have any crazy roommate stories?
[Read: How to be charming and liked by everyone]
6. Who was your childhood actor crush?
7. What is the strangest family tradition you have?
8. What is the strangest thing you’ve ever had for breakfast?
9. What TV show/movie character were you afraid of as a child?
10. What was your favorite item of clothing as a child?
11. What’s the funniest pick-up line you know?
12. Which celebrity personality do you follow the most closely online?
13. What is your funniest talent?
14. Have you ever had a recurring nightmare? If so, what is it?
15. Tell me about your first kiss.
[Read: The perfect first kiss: 22 tips to make it oh-so-amazing!]
16. What about your first time?
[Read: People share their first makeout stories]
17. What is your favorite smell?
18. What commercial song always gets stuck in your head?
19. Would you rather be a fly on the wall of the White House for one day, or be a gardener at the White House for a week?
20. Do you prefer popsicles or ice cream?
21. What was your nickname(s) as a child?
22. If you had a boat, what would you name it?
23. Would you rather only wear blue clothing for the rest of your life, or wear a hat every day for the rest of your life?
[Read: 40 really gross would you rather questions that’ll make anyone squirm]
24. If you could switch places with anybody in your family for a day, who would it be and why?
25. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
26. If money wasn’t an issue, what career would you choose?
27. What game show would you like to be a contestant on?
28. What is the most important product of every grocery shop for you?
29. If you have an itch in your nose, in your butt, and on your eye, which one do you scratch first?
30. Are you a good witch or a bad witch?
31. If you were in a real-life Netflix series, which one and who would you be?
[Read: The art of making the best first impression]
32. What is your guilty pleasure?
33. Would you rather live in a tree or underground?
34. Do you separate your laundry into colors or just throw it all in together?
35. What is your favorite kind of birthday cake?
36. Would you rather be taller or shorter than you are right now?
37. What would you do if money really did grow on trees?
[Read: 43 intellectual questions to talk smart with anyone]
38. If somebody were to take a candid photo of you, what would you most likely be doing?
39. If the police suddenly broke into your house in the middle of the day, what would they find you doing?
40. Where would you live if you could live completely off the grid?
41. What type of coffee would you describe yourself as?
42. If you could travel anywhere OUTSIDE of this planet, where would it be and why?
43. If you could have an unlimited supply of something for the rest of your life, what would it be?
44. If you could own only a smartphone or a computer, what would it be?
45. If you could be immortal, which age would you like to stay forever?
46. If you were a wrestler, what would your entrance song be?
47. If you had your own talk show, what would it be called?
48. If you could write a book, what would it be about?
49. What are the top three things on your bucket list?
[Read: How to create the ultimate BFF adventure bucket list]
50. What is your favorite sandwich and why?
51. What would the title of your autobiography be?
52. What is your most-used emoji?
[Read: 17 flirty & naughty emojis guys use if they like you or in love with you]
53. Who do you text the most?
54. Do you prefer chocolate or candy?
55. What was your favorite Halloween costume as a child?
56. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
57. If you could hang out with any cartoon character, who would it be?
58. If money wasn’t an issue, would you be heavily tattooed?
59. If you had to delete all but four apps on your smartphone, which apps would you keep?
[Read: The best relationship apps you need to download already]
60. If there was a movie made about your life, who would play you?
61. How could carousels be spiced up so they are more exciting?
62. What topic could you give a 20-minute presentation on without any preparation?
63. What is the most clever or funniest use of advertising you’ve seen?
64. What is the funniest and most mindblowing fact you know?
65. What website or app doesn’t exist, but you really wish it did?
66. What’s your best “my coworkers are crazy” story?
67. What cartoons were you afraid of as a kid?
68. Would you ride in a zeppelin if given a chance?
69. If you could choose your dreams, what would you prefer to dream about?
70. What is your craziest wet dream?
71. When is the most interesting period in history?
72. What do you buy way more of than most people?
73. What’s the weirdest way you have met someone?
74. If someone came up to you and said “Hey, do that thing you do!”, what thing would pop into your head first?
75. What wastes the most time in your day-to-day life?
76. Would you ever try space tourism, if you had the money for it?
77. What weird thing do you have nostalgia for?
78. If you were featured on the local news, what would you most likely be on there for?
79. What assumption you made went hilariously wrong?
80. What was something you thought would be easy until you tried it?
[Read: What to talk about with a girl you like – 48 ways to build a connection]
81. What, in your opinion, is the most amazing animal?
82. If you had to fight animals, what animals do you think you could take?
83. What smell do you hate that doesn’t seem to bother other people?
84. What are some of the dumbest misadventures you’ve been on?
85. What slang are you really happy went out of fashion?
86. What’s the best backhanded compliment you’ve heard / can think of on the spot?
[Read: How to be charming – 15 adorable habits of really likeable people]
87. What was your funniest or worst experience with an Uber driver?
88. If you had to lose one of your senses, which would you choose to lose?
89. If a new volcano formed and the government had an online contest to see what it would be named, what name would you submit?
90. What’s the best way to stay young?
91. What was your worst haircut experience?
92. What did your teachers and parents say would be really important when you grew up, but it hasn’t been?
93. Who has been your most interesting/confusing/annoying neighbor?
[Read: How to be cool – what it really means & 18 hacks to look way cooler]
94. What recent trend are you totally on board with?
95. What’s the worst advice you’ve been given?
96. What’s the worst advice you’ve ever given?
[Read: How to start a conversation with a guy over text]
97. If the universe is just a simulation, what update or patch does it need?
98. What are you hilariously bad at?
99. Do you set New Years’ Resolutions? What was one of yours this year? Have you kept it?
100. If you left your current life behind and ran away to follow your dreams, what would you be doing?
[Read: 41 casual conversation starters to use with a guy to get him talking]
101. What catchy jingle or bit of advertising has stuck with you all these years?
102. What is the silliest problem you have going on in your life at the moment?
103. What’s your favorite month, and why?
104. What’s your favorite season, and why?
105. What “old person” things do you do?
106. How long would you last in a zombie apocalypse?
107. What is your favorite magical or mythological creature?
108. If you could have a magical or mythological creature as a pet, what would it be?
109. What is the funniest thing one of your pets has done?
110. If you had your human body, but the head of an animal, what animal would you pick?
111. If you were a fish, what type would you be?
112. If you could eliminate one food so no one could eat it ever again, what would you destroy?
113. What show on Netflix did you binge-watch embarrassingly fast?
[Read: 15 sexy conversation starters for couples to get you horny in minutes]
114. If you could be any fictional character, who would you be?
115. If you could date any fictional character, who would it be?
116. If you could go back in time and make little changes to your childhood, what is one thing you’d learn and master over the years so you’d be an expert at it today?
117. If you won a lottery of $1 billion, what would you do with all the money?
118. If you had to change your name, what would your new name be, and why would you choose that name?
[Read: 48 Tinder conversation starters & secrets to get them itching to respond]
119. A genie grants you three wishes but none of them can directly benefit you. What would those wishes be?
120. How much money would you need to win to walk away from your current job?
121. What’s the craziest dare you ever took?
122. What’s the worst date you’ve been on?
123. As a kid, did you ever do something wrong but manage to pin it on your siblings?
124. What’s the most embarrassing moment from your teen years?
125. What’s the strangest family tradition in your family?
Before you try these funny icebreaker questions for dating and meeting people, why not answer them yourself? They are really quite fun!
[Read: These get to know you questions will help you bond with someone instantly]
There you have it, folks! The best funny icebreaker questions that are sure to spark a conversation with your new friend or potential partner.
Liked what you just read? Follow us on Instagram Facebook Twitter Pinterest and we promise, we’ll be your lucky charm to a beautiful love life.
LOVEPANKY IN YOUR INBOX
Get the very best of LovePanky straight to your inbox!