Making a guy remember you and think of you fondly has never been easier. If you’re looking for texts to make him think about you and miss you, it’s important to know the major do’s and don’ts, as well as a few ideas on what to text.
For sure, you can write the perfect text, but send it at the wrong time and your guy is going to either be annoyed that you woke him up, or it’s going to get lost in the rest of his inbox. By understanding the art of effective texting, you’ll always be on your guy’s mind. [Read: 8 Little texting mistakes new couples often make]
Can you imagine a time without texting or instant messaging? You had to actually telephone someone and tell them how you feel or what you want, with your actual voice! Shock horror! Even worse, you might have had to go up to them and tell them in person.
It’s doesn’t bear thinking about.
[Read: 12 common texting habits of girls that push guys away]
Thankfully, we’re no longer stuck in the dark ages and we have messaging apps and text messaging to help us communicate with whoever we want to talk to. All of this is far easier than ever before. Texting has changed the dating game on its head; flirting is so easy these days, and even the shyest and quietest person can build up their confidence with a few flirty messages.
Of course, when you want to text a guy you have your eye on, or perhaps someone you’re seeing, and you can’t think of what to say, it can be a real pain. You’re staring at a blank screen on your phone, the cursor blinking and your brain is blank. You want to be all witty and flirty, but everything you think of sounds cringe-worthy. [Read: What to text a guy to get his attention – 25 examples that work like a charm]
The good news is that you can learn how to be the ultimate texter. Then, the next time you want to come up with a few texts to make him think about you, they’ll come naturally to you.
You don’t have to talk dirty, but a few suggestive comments could certainly turn his attention back to you! Of course, a kind and gentle, even cute comment doesn’t go amiss occasionally too. [Read: How to get a guy to start texting you first when he basically refuses to do so]
Get the basics right and then the rest will come easily! Some of these may sound obvious, but you’d be surprised how many people don’t listen to the basic rules. They’re effectively ruining their efforts before they’ve even started!
Do make sure that you get the right number before sending a text
Don’t message very late at night or extremely early in the morning – You may wake him up, or he’ll think you’re after booty call
Do be creative with what you send – Luckily, I’ve got a few ideas for you very shortly!
Don’t expect “hi” or “how are you” to do the trick – It’s boring and you can do much better than that
Do understand that he might not be able to reply straightaway, and be okay with it. [Read: How to text a guy: 18 secrets to go from timid to text temptress]
Don’t send more than one text – You’ll end up looking desperate and that’s not going to keep his mind on you for the right reasons
Don’t always be the first one to text – If you’re having to come up with texts to make him think about you constantly, perhaps you need to wonder why his mind isn’t on you that much in the first place?
Do keep the word count down – Nobody has time to read an essay
Once you know the basics, all you need to do is come up with some catchy texts to make him think about you. Handily, I’ve got you covered.
At the end of the day, you know the guy you’re texting and you know what he is going to respond to. However, if you’re struggling for inspiration, here are a selection of texts to make him think about you. You might like to try these the next time your mind goes blank. [Read: Texting your crush: A step-by-step guide to doing it right]
1. Will I see you tonight? I have a surprise
2. I was just thinking about you…
3. I can’t stop thinking about this guy. I think you might know him…
4. Netflix and chill – plan?
5. Last night was so amazing
6. I’m in bed and it feels very empty without you here [Read: 15 Sex moves he will love and then beg you for more]
7. You give me super-butterflies!
8. If you want to drive by mine tonight I promise I’ll make it worth it
9. I’ve thought about you all day long
10. I really miss you, I can’t wait to see you again
11. I had a dream about you last night
12. My friends tell me they wish their guy was like you [Read: New boyfriend guide: The do’s and don’ts every girl has to keep in mind]
13. I just saw something hot and I thought about you
14. I’ve just realized how lucky I am
15. My friends keep asking me why I’ve got a constant smile on my face. Any ideas?
16. I can’t stop thinking about that one thing you did last night
17. I can’t concentrate on my work, all I’m doing is thinking about you
18. Guess what I’m thinking about
19. I just walked past someone wearing your cologne. Now I can’t stop missing you [Read: When you miss him: 20 mind tricks to stop missing the wrong guy]
20. Make yourself available on Friday, I have the best date lined up
21. I miss your hugs, do you want to come and give me one?
22. Did I ever tell you how much I love waking up next to you?
23. I hugged my pillow when I woke up this morning and wished it was you
24. I can still smell your scent on me from last night
25. Imagine what we could be doing right now …
26. I can’t wait for tonight, I’m already thinking of what we could do
27. I wish I could have woken you up properly this morning [Read: 10 Reasons why you should have morning sex more often]
28. What was I like in your dream last night?
29. I’ve just read an article about how making out is great for your health. Wanna help me get healthier?
30. I wish we could have both called in sick today and spent the day together. Tomorrow?
31. Dinner’s on me tonight, literally if you want
32. Everyone loves a fresh bed, want to come over and test mine later? [Read: 15 Subtle flirting moves to bring them close without much effort]
33. Work is going so slow, but thinking of you make it much better
35. I just bought some new lingerie, do you want to see it?
36. I’ve already got butterflies for when we meet later on
37. It’s just occurred to me how lucky I am to have you
38. Good morning handsome [Read: 20 Reasons a good morning text is so important: Make their day]
39. I know that I can always depend on you to be there when I need you
40. Whenever I think about you I can’t help but smile
41. Buy one get me free drinks at mine tonight
42. How about a game of truth or dare?
43. What do you think I would do if you were here right now?
44. Your favorite song just came on the radio, it made me think of you [Read: The best songs to make love to]
45. I love wine, but I think you might be hitting evens
46. Can’t stop thinking about me huh?
47. Today is a crazy day but I’m crazy about you
48. I’m the luckiest girl in the world
49. My lips, your lips, it’s time for a meeting
50. My stomach is doing somersaults thinking about all the fun we’re going to have tonight
Now, I’m quite aware that reading these texting examples on a screen like this, listed there like cold suggestions, makes you want to hide your head under a pillow and cringe as your life depends on it. I get it, believe me, it felt that way when I was typing them. However, in real life, they work very well, and it all comes down to the conversation they start. Texts to make him think about you don’t have to be totally witty or cool, that’s what makes them fun! [Read: 32 Fun & flirty games to play over text and connect with friends]
Every single one of those texts to make him think about you are subtle and suggestive, but they stay on the right side of the fence. They’re not particularly dirty, although a few of them suggest that something dirty has happened, or is about to happen! I don’t want to generalize here, but from my experience, the odd dirty remark is something most guys want to hear occasionally – although the key word there is ‘occasionally’!
It’s also nice to receive a cute message sometimes, but again, don’t overdo it. You’re not a puppy, and if you’ve not been seeing this guy for too long, he might think that an abundance of cute messages is the equivalent of things moving a bit too fast in the relationship stakes. When coming up with texts to make him think about you, it’s important to be yourself but be a little cute and quirky at the same time.
It all comes down to moderation and mixing things up a bit. Go suggestive one time and then go cute another, mix it up and see what the reaction is. Every guy reacts differently to certain subjects, and you’ll come to find out what works and what isn’t worth trying again. [Read: How to text a guy without seeming desperate and overly needy]
Most of those texts to make him think about you are also conversation starters. For instance “I had a dream about you last night” is almost certainly going to lead to him asking what it was about. You can then come up with something to tell him, but you’ll have to use your imagination unless you really did have a dream about him!
It’s also worth pointing out that these cute and suggestive text conversations should not only be coming from you; it needs to be a two sided deal! If you’re finding that you’re constantly needing to come up with text ideas to get this guy to talk to you for any length of time via text, you need to be asking yourself why. Is he simply not that imaginative, or simply quite lazy?
Either way, only spend your time with these texts to make him think about you if he actually deserves your effort. If he does, go for it!
[Read: Must-know secrets to master while texting a guy you like]
If you want to give this guy a nudge in the middle of the day, and make him think of you and smile, these are the ideal texts to make him think about you. Send them sparingly and use the art of surprise to make the best impact possible.
Liked what you just read? Follow us on Instagram Facebook Twitter Pinterest and we promise, we’ll be your lucky charm to a beautiful love life.
LOVEPANKY IN YOUR INBOX
Get the very best of LovePanky straight to your inbox!